2009-07-19 – 2008-08-21
The interrogation of Rachel Rousef told us of a secret research base hidden in the Nevada desert containing the Nazrodin device. We are to gain entrance to the base, confirm the Nazrodin’s functionality and hold the base until the Hoffman Institute’s scientists arrive.
After the interrogation of Rachel, we headed to Las Vegas. Padre had requisitioned us a helicopter to quick insertion. Upon reaching the base, we discovered it was unguarded and quickly discovered the Nazrodin device. On the surface level, a sniper critically injured Rachel and satellite imagery showed us that another force was en route the base. While Shiny Side tended to Rachel’s injuries, we made defensive preparations to repel the new force. In several intense skirmishes with no clear victors, the force retreated. Shortly thereafter, the Hoffman Institute’s forces arrived, and we returned to San Francisco.
The Nazrodin device was protected and the Hoffman Institute’s forces will begin their work on the device, to what end they desire. The enemy force was identified as the Crimson Scorpion, a Chechen paramilitary force. Rachel’s life was saved and she desired to assist the Hoffman Institute in furthering their research with the Nazrodin device.
- Dimitri Makalov “Red Star” – Field commander of the Crimson Scorpion.
- Misha Zhubenkhov “Schrag” – Medic of the Crimson Scorpion.
- Mikhial Ghorki “Stormavik” – Communications for Crimson Scorpion.
- Steppen Drukurski “Horrorshow” – Support weapons for Crimson Scorpion.
- Andrei Freisov “Dragonsky” – Marksman for Crimson Scorpion.
- DGI’s Biotech Research Facility – A multi-level research facility hidden in the Nevada desert, near Las Vegas housing a working version of the Nazrodin device.
- Nazrodin – A biogenetic device/disease “cure-all” developed by Emile Rousef while employed under DGI under Project Genesis. Has not been successful, instead creating increased physical, but diminished mental capacities within test subjects. A human-sized version has been operational for over 2 years at an DGI research facility in the Nevada desert.
- Crimson Scorpion – A Russian paramilitary organization with interest in Nazrodin device. Sent to retrieve the device.