Optics and Scopes
There are various sights and scopes that operators may mount upon their weapons. Quick acquisition (QA) sights like Red Dot or Holographic sights may be added to pistols and larger weapons. Telescopic scopes may only be mounted on sub machine guns and larger firearms.
In addition to the benefits below, optics and sights add the Snapfire penalty to the weapon and telescopic scopes add a +2 bonus to Notice rolls made to view things at a distance.
- Quick acquisition sights provide a +1 bonus to Shooting rolls at short range.
- Medium range scopes like the Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (ACOG) provide a +1 bonus to Shooting rolls at medium and long range.
- Long range optics are scopes with a 6x zoom or greater and provide a +2 bonus to Shooting rolls and medium or long range and require the use of the Aim maneuver.
- Hybrid scopes combine the effects of both the QA and Medium Range optics and cost double the resource points. Switching between modes is a free action.
- Night vision scopes are medium or long range optics that enhance any ambient light and allow the shooter to ignore Dim or Dark conditions entirely and treat Pitch Darkness as normal Darkness. It has no effect if absolutely no light is available at all (such as the total darkness found in caves).
- Thermal scopes are medium or long range optics that allow the shooter to see in the infrared spectrum, halving penalties for bad lighting when attacking living targets.
Back to: Supply Depot