A survival kit is a package of basic tools and supplies prepared in advance as an aid to survival in an emergency. Survival kits for are often modified according to the environment of operations:
- In desert areas, survival kits may have more water and sunscreen, and have additional items such as shade hats, a compass, a whistle, medical equipment, tinder, matches, and sun glasses.
- In tropical areas, a survival kit may have mosquito head netting, additional insect repellent, anti-fungal cream, water purification tablets, foot powder, matches, a flint strike, a compass, a wire saw, a space blanket, medical equipment (gauze pads, elastic gauze bandage, antiseptic creams, anti-malaria tablets, anti-infection tablets, bandages, etc.), salt tablets, a fishing kit, snare wire, extra socks, a candle, a sewing kit, safety pins, tinder, tape, a whistle, and rations.
- In arctic or alpine areas, survival kits may have additional cold weather clothing (winter hats and gloves), sleeping bags, chemical “hand warmer” packets, sun glasses/snow goggles, snowshoes, a collapsible shovel, a snare wire for small animals, a frying pan, a camp stove, camp stove fuel, a space blanket, matches, a whistle, a compass, tinder, a flint strike, a wire saw, extra socks and a tent designed for arctic use.
- For personnel who are flying over large bodies of water, a survival kit may have additional items such as flotation vests, fishing nets, fishing equipment, fluorescent sea marking dye, a flare launching gun and cartridges, a distress marker light, a Sea Water Still for desalt seawater, a raft repair kit, a paddle, a bailer and sponge, sunscreen, a whistle, a compass, and a sun shade hat.
The most common kit for the purposes of this game include:
- Water Purification Tablets
- Lensatic Compass
- Ear Plugs
- Fishing line and lures
- Fire starter
Back to: Supply Depot